Sunday, September 27, 2009

Flashback Music: Part II - Mixmaster Spade & Toddy Tee "Just Say No"

I return with a very old-school'd classic for my 2nd part of Flashback Music. I hope you remember the old-school rap legend Mixmaster Spade and his partner in crime from back in the day, Toddy Tee. In the year 1988 they released a 12'' entitled "Just Say No", an anti-drug song. I was stumbling over it just the other day and wondered they made a video for this. Here it is:



Many songs in the later rap history contain samples or have relation to Spade's verses on this song, for example the famous "I can't walk down the street, without my gun." quotation. So enjoy this classic of rap music and R.I.P. to Mixmaster Spade.

By the way: It is funny to see how different rappers acted to this time compared to that bling-bling stuff from the last decade. This makes me think of monkeys, even though this one seems a little bit corny sometimes...

Si-Chill

No comments: